Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Elk Viewing at CMR

One evening, we decided to pack a picnic supper, pick Jack up from school, and head south to Charles M. Russell National Wildlife Refuge to watch the elk. It was about an hour long drive, and by the time we arrived at the "viewing area" (only 4:40 pm), the bulls were already bugling.



We viewed about 200-300 elk in this area, some just 15 yards away. There were a few scuffles between the bulls and the bugling was nonstop. It was awesome to see and HEAR!



I had to take a picture of these three and their ginormous telephoto lenses. I had seen them earlier in the day at our refuge and I felt a little out of place with my "tiny" Canon point & shoot.




A little running around in the dirt before we headed home. You never would have known that these two were starting mega-meds for strep throat that day!

No comments: