Friday, February 10, 2012

Walking the Route

I HATE the cold.  I've always lived in "colder" climates, but my body has never acclimated to frigid temps.  I dread winter, not because of the snow (I love snow - fun to play in!), but the cold...ugh!  If winter were 50 degrees AND snow, it would be awesome. 

Naturally, when the weather station showed 55 degrees and no wind on Sunday, we jumped on the opportunity to run the kids (and dog) outside.  Off to the road to do some exploring and check out the lake!

He wanted to walk the WHOLE way!

She's getting big!

Lexi and Jack heading to the (frozen) lake.

Tried to get Gauge in the picture, but she disappeared in the tall grass.  She was hot on the trail of some pheasants (or, ahem, deer droppings).

New favorite pic!

I thought that the dirt playing, running around, and fresh air were sure to wear out the three kids.  Nope - the only ones that were exhausted were the dog, who crashed after a long drink, and me!

No comments: